Tuesday, September 13, 2011

God Can Even Make Your Nipples Pop Out

Having a baby is a pretty amazing thing.  I look at my daughter Hannah all the time and just think 'WOW, God created her!'  I also think it is amazing that she was living in water for 9 months and then as soon as she comes out and breathes air into her lungs she will never again be able to live in water.  Having a baby really makes you think about all the miraculous things God can do like moving mountains and creating babies.

And this is the state that most of us continue to live in.  We only think about the BIG things that God does in our life and we forget about all the little personal things and by little things I mean, not as miraculous as creating babies.  Just some of the little things in our life are providing a job for my husband so I could stay at home with our daughter and providing me with wonderful friendships so I don't go stir-crazy while I am staying at home.  There are also those little moments in life where God allows us to show his love to someone else.  These are the things that we must hold on to each day because the Big, Miraculous moments come and go but God stays with us.

Then there are those moments where God goodness catches you by surprise.  There are those moments when you realize God has done something for you and your child, something that has never occurred to you before.  As a new mother I realized there are certain physical things that need to take place in order for my child to eat, especially if I do not want her to have formula.  My body has to do all the right things and my daughters little mouth has to do all the right things.  And the amazing thing is that God can make all this happen over night.  It may not work one day but just like that He can make everything right.  Then those physical things don't happen many of us just say well I guess I will have to feed my child in a different way, so we bring on the bottles and formula.  We never think to ask God to fix our little problem.  But what is so amazing about God is He does not wait for us to ask for his help He just gives it freely and catches us by surprise.  So be on guard the next time you are feeding a baby or pretty much doing anything else, you never know what kind of help God will provide when you are not looking.  That help may come in the weirdest ways, hence the name of this blog 'God can even make your nipples pop out.'

No comments:

Post a Comment